Monday, January 16, 2012

3 AM again

I'm always afraid to go to bed. No matter how tired I am during the day, I know that I'll lie down... and lie there...

So I listen to a book-on-tape that I've listened to over and over for months. It's useful: I don't feel the need to stay awake to catch every plot twist, because I know the story by now. I can tell when I've succeeded in dozing, because I can hear when I've skipped a chapter or two.

But... Kitara climbed on my belly and purred... and she was sitting on my bladder. So I had to get up to pee. And then I had to drink some tea (which usually puts me to sleep)... and some more tea... and then I was hungry... And she asked for food... which she didn't eat, and she wanted to go out, and she wanted to come back in and eat the food she'd begged for before, and then go out again...

... shall I try again?

No comments: